From the blog
- Is anyone else noticing a bit of an earwig plague at the moment in Melbourne? We see them everywhere. They are always quite prevalent in spring, but this seems out of the ordinary. A little trick if you choose to ”get rid of them” and don’t have chickens to turn them into eggs: A tiny bit of beer at the bottom of a bottle just does fine. Position the bottle for easy earwig access and they will fall in and won’t be able to leave again. We have a lot on at the moment so if you need a hand drinking the bottles, just let us know
- Starting on a new site today in Brunswick East. For us , nothing is more exciting than this: a truly blank canevas. Except for the chickens along the east fence… everything will change! Fruit trees , vegetable garden , pergola , green walls… this tiny backyard space will be fully transformed!
- We’re making our own greenhouses now… interested ? We’re looking for demo sites… msg us if interested !
- Focus on: Snails
- Panorama of a busy gardener
- A few pictures from Kew
- Food gardens for rental and renters
- Rooftop garden – Richmond
- A garden for the bees… and the humans!
- Urban ponds and bees